City Ordinance 10-0400 - contains the rules governing public parks.
City Ordinance 10-0404 - Ordinance banning feeding of wildlife and waterfowl on public property.
10-404 Wildlife. No person in a park or on other public property shall:
(1) Hunting. Hunt, molest, harm, frighten, kill, trap, chase, tease, shoot, poison or throw missiles at any animal, reptile or bird; remove or possess the young of any wildlife or waterfowl, or the eggs or nest, or young of any reptile or bird; collect, remove, possess, give away, sell or offer to sell, buy or offer to buy, or accept as a gift, any specimen alive or dead of any of the group of tree snails. Nothing contained herein shall prohibit the killing of snakes known to be deadly, such as rattle snakes, or other deadly reptiles.[Revised 9/7/10, Ordinance 2042]
(2) Feeding. Purposely or knowingly provide food, feed, or bait to wildlife or waterfowl, or provide any other substance to wildlife or waterfowl that the person intends wildlife or waterfowl to ingest.[Revised 9/7/10, Ordinance 2042]
(3) Exception. An employee, agent or licensee of the State of Minnesota, County of Anoka, or City of Coon Rapids may engage in hunting or feeding of wildlife or waterfowl as part of a program to control the population of wildlife or waterfowl or when deemed necessary by a government agency to enable the population of wildlife or waterfowl to survive.[Revised 9/7/10, Ordinance 2042]
Definitions: City Ordinance 10-0401
(4) “Waterfowl” is any bird that frequents the water, or lives about rivers, lakes, or other bodies of water; an aquatic fowl, including but not limited to ducks, geese, swans, herons, and egrets.[Revised 9/7/10, Ordinance 2042]
(5) “Wildlife” is any animal which is not normally domesticated in this state, including but not limited to coyotes, deer, feral cats, foxes, raccoons, skunks, and waterfowl.[Revised 9/7/10, Ordinance 2042]
Dog Park Rules
- Off-leash dog area is only open during regular park hours.
- All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated before entering the off-leash area.
- Dogs shall be leashed when entering and exiting the off-leash area.
- Dog owners must be in possession of a leash at all times.
- Dog owners must be in control of the dog(s) at all times.
- Dog owners may not let their dog(s) out of their sight.
- Parents must closely supervise children in off-leash area.
- Dog owners must leash the dog(s) at the first sign of aggression or unruly behavior.
- Dog owners are liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dogs.
- Dog owners shall not permit their dog(s) to bark on a continuous or frequent basis.
- Dogs are not permitted to dig in off-leash area.
- Dogs in heat are not permitted in off-leash area.
- No more than three dogs per handler are permitted at one time in off-leash area.
- Dog owners are responsible for clean up after their dog(s) in off-leash area.
- Users of the off-leash area shall comply with all other park rules and regulations.
For more information regarding off-leash area, please call the Coon Rapids Parks Department at 763-767-6462.
Other Park Rules:
- Golfing is prohibited in all parks with the exception of Bunker Hills Golf Course.
- Glass bottles and containers are prohibited in all parks.