Page Updated 5-18-20
- City Hall and Public Works are open to the public beginning Monday, May 18. Please practice social distancing guidelines and read signage before entering buildings. Thank you for your cooperation!
- The Coon Rapids Ice Center remains closed.
- The Coon Rapids Senior Center and Civic Center remain closed.
For people seeking answers to general questions, it is preferred to call and talk to staff first before stopping in person to City Hall. Many questions can be answered through a phone call or by visiting the City’s website. For business that needs to be conducted in-person and is more involved in nature or needs more discussion, please call ahead and set up an appointment with the appropriate staff person. These measures are being put in place to ensure social distancing, lessen the potential spread of the virus and adapt to changing conditions as it relates to City staff members working both in the office and in the field (or remotely). We thank the public for planning ahead for what they may need. Please call 763-755-2880 with your questions.
Online City Services Available
Several City services are available online through the City of Coon Rapids website including:
Request police reports
City Code information
Pay your utility bill
Report issues (street lights out, pot holes, other maintenance concerns)
Job listings and applications
Please search the City website to see if there is information available online to help answer your questions.
Events and Recreational Programs
ALL of the following events and activities have been CANCELED.
- Spring Intro to Ice Skating Classes - May 4 start
- Public Works Open House Event - May 16
- Home Remodeling Tour - May 17
- Movie in the Park - Frozen II at Sand Creek Park May 22 - POSTPONED (the hope is that this event can be rescheduled later in the year)
- Pickleball Skills and Drills – June 1 start
- Stand Up Paddleboard 101 Class - June 3, 7, 10
- Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga Classes - June 3, 7, 10
- Summer Kick off Public Skate at Coon Rapids Ice Center - June 7
- Home Alone Safety Class taught by CRPD - June 11
- Skyhawks Sports Camp - 3 sessions set to start June 15, July 13, August 10
- Rec on the Spot - June 16 start
- Intro to Hockey Camp at Coon Rapids Ice Center - August 4-13
- Basic 1 and Basic 2 Ice Skating Classes - June 15 Start
- Summer Concerts at Coon Rapids Dam: June 4 - July 16.
As of May 5, 2020, the hope is to possibly keep 3 concerts at the end of the summer. See more details below.
- 4th of July Community Celebration - Read more here about the decision.
- Red, White and Blue Public Skate at Coon Rapids Ice Center - July 5
- Kids Safety Camp - July 21-22
- Family Night at the Twins Game - August 3
*Guests who purchased tickets to the winter concert featuring Betty Rydell April 9 will be refunded their ticket price starting June 1 (date subject to change based on events surrounding COVID-19). Tickets can be brought in to the front desk of City Hall as proof of purchase, and the receptionist will refund your ticket fee. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Programming that May Occur in Summer 2020
** As of May 6, 2020, the City hopes to offer the following programs, but final decisions will be determined June 1, 2020 based on public health recommendations at the time.
- Summer softball leagues starting after July 6
- Stand up Paddleboard 101 series July 8 - August 12 (Wed nights)
- Stand up Paddleboard Yoga series July 8 - August 12 (Wed nights)
- Hand Built Pottery Family Tile Class - August 1
- Collage/Mixed Media Family Canvas Panel - August 8
- Skating School Basic 3-6 and other skating classes - June 15 - August 17
Events that May Occur in Summer 2020
** As of May 6, 2020, the City hopes to offer the following events, but final decisions will be determined June 1, 2020 based on public health recommendations at the time.
- Summer Concerts at the Coon Rapids Dam
- July 23 - The Authorities (Classic Rock and R & B)
- July 30 - Ecuador Manta (Latin Fusion)
- August 6 - Red Letter Band (Country)
- Farmers Market - Every Wednesday July 15 - October 7, 3-6 p.m.
Coon Rapids Ice Center Parking lot, 11000 Crooked Lake Blvd.
- Summer in the City Neighborhood Meeting, July 28
- Night to Unite - MOVED to Tuesday, Oct. 6
Special Notes about Splash Pad and Crooked Lake Park Water Area
- The date of the Splash Pad opening is uncertain due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Opening will be based upon state public health recommendations. The facility is not open at this time. Check back to this web page for more updates.
- The water area at Crooked Lake Park (13180 Crooked Lake Blvd.) is open for recreational use. There is no lifeguard on duty; swim at your own risk. Please practice social distancing.
Updates by Department
Building Inspections Activities
Permits and Inspections are still required for projects, even during the state’s #StayHomeMN initiative.
Bunker Hills Golf Club
City Council Meetings
Coon Rapids Civic Center
Coon Rapids Ice Center
Coon Rapids Senior Center
Parks and Playground StructuresParks are open to the public to walk, ride bikes on trails, etc. while observing social distancing measures. Playground structures are play at your own risk as they are not sanitized and social distancing measures should also be observed.
Note for the Organics Program:
Riverwind Community Building
Please NOTE: All closures and cancellations may be subject to change pending the ever-changing, fluid situation surrounding the pandemic. Please check this web page often for the latest information.