- City Buildings including City Hall are CLOSED to the public. Effective the evening of 3-17-20 until further notice.
- Police Department Remains Open to the Public 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. After hours, use lobby phone. For emergencies, call 911.
Despite buildings being closed, City staff in all departments are here to serve you!
Call 763-755-2880 or email the City.
All essential City services will continue as usual: examples include water, sewer, police & fire response. A few modifications of services have been implemented as needed; read more below. If residents have flu-like symptoms, please refer to the Minnesota Department of Health website for further information.
Online City Services Available
Several City services are available online through the City of Coon Rapids website including:
Request police reports
City Code information
Pay your utility bill
Report issues (street lights out, pot holes, other maintenance concerns)
Job listings and applications
Please search the City website to see if there is information available online to help answer your questions.
Events and Recreational Programs
Canceled through May 11 (and some other activities canceled as well)
This includes events and activities promoted in prior publications such as the Coon Rapids Parks, Recreation & Event Guide.
- Fix it Clinic - April 4
- Winter Concert featuring Betty Rydell – April 9*
- Community Police Academy – April 14, 16, 21, 23
- When you Believe Ice Fantasy Show April 23-26
- Skyhawks Sports Sampler – April 25 start
- Drug take back day – April 25
- Senior Tai Chi Classes - ongoing
- Kids Fishing Clinic Sponsored by Anoka County - May 2
- Home Remodeling Tour - May 17
- Pickleball Skills and Drills – June 1 start
*Guests who purchased tickets to the winter concert featuring Betty Rydell will be refunded their ticket price starting June 1 (date subject to change based on events surrounding COVID-19). Tickets can be brought in to the front desk of City Hall as proof of purchase, and the receptionist will refund your ticket fee. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Updates by Department
Building Inspections Activities
Permits and Inspections are still required for projects, even during the state’s #StayHomeMN initiative.
Bunker Hills Golf Club
City Council Meetings
Coon Rapids Civic Center
Coon Rapids Ice Center
Coon Rapids Senior Center
Fire DepartmentRequests for fire truck visits to public events are canceled until further notice.
Parks and Playground StructuresParks are open to the public to walk, ride bikes on trails, etc. while observing social distancing measures. Playground structures are CLOSED.
Public Works Department
Services continue for:
Note for the Organics Program:
Riverwind Community Building
Please NOTE: All closures may be subject to change pending the ever-changing, fluid situation surrounding the pandemic. Please check this web page often for the latest information.