Page Updated 9-8-20
- City buildings are open to the public.
- When you enter our buildings, we ask the following:
- Please do not enter facilities if you are ill.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon your arrival; dispensers are located throughout the building.
- Please practice social distancing, maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart from others.
- Visitors must wear a face mask per the Governor's Executive Order which started 7-25-20.
- The Coon Rapids Senior Center and Civic Center remain closed to large events. Small gatherings and by appointment specialty services are available, with masks and social distancing measures put in place.
For people seeking answers to general questions, it is preferred to call and talk to staff first before stopping in person to City Hall. Many questions can be answered through a phone call or by visiting the City’s website. For business that needs to be conducted in-person and is more involved in nature or needs more discussion, please call ahead and set up an appointment with the appropriate staff person. These measures are being put in place to ensure social distancing, lessen the potential spread of the virus and adapt to changing conditions as it relates to City staff members working both in the office and in the field (or remotely). We thank the public for planning ahead for what they may need. Please call 763-755-2880 with your questions.
Online City Services Available
Several City services are available online through the City of Coon Rapids website including:
Request police reports
City Code information
Pay your utility bill
Report issues (street lights out, pot holes, other maintenance concerns)
Job listings and applications
Please search the City website to see if there is information available online to help answer your questions.
CANCELED Events and Recreational Programs
ALL of the following events and activities have been CANCELED.
- Community Police Academy - September 17 start
- The Coon Rapids Love My Pet Fair and Rabies Clinic - September 19
- Movie in the Park - September 19
- Senior Safety Camp - September 24
- Fire Department Open House Events - October 10
- Home Alone Safety Classses - October 15
- Senior Bazaar - November
- 2021 Winter Concert Series - January and February concerts canceled; Arts Commission will decide if March and April concert will occur in 2021 at a later time.
*Guests who purchased tickets to the winter concert featuring Betty Rydell April 9 will be refunded their ticket price starting June 1. Refunds will take place through December 31, 2020. Tickets can be brought in to the front desk of City Hall as proof of purchase, and the receptionist will refund your ticket fee. You may obtain a refund for a friend, as long as you have the actual ticket in hand.
Events/Activities that WILL Occur in Summer/Fall 2020
- Farmers Market - Every Wednesday July 15 - October 7, 3-6 p.m.
Coon Rapids Ice Center Parking lot, 11000 Crooked Lake Blvd. Social distancing measures will be put in place.
- Public Skating is back by reservation and observes capacity limits. Please pre-register online.
- Fall Ice Skating will take place at Coon Rapids Ice Center. Visit the website for more details.
Special Notes about Splash Pad
Updates by Department
Building Inspections Activities
Permits and Inspections are still required for projects, even during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bunker Hills Golf Club
City Council Meetings
Coon Rapids Civic Center
Coon Rapids Ice Center
Coon Rapids Senior Center
Parks and Playground StructuresParks are open to the public to walk, ride bikes on trails, etc. while observing social distancing measures. Playground structures are play at your own risk as they are not sanitized and social distancing measures should also be observed.
Note for the Organics Program:
Riverwind Community Building
Please NOTE: All closures and cancellations may be subject to change pending the ever-changing, fluid situation surrounding the pandemic. Please check this web page often for the latest information.