Governor Walz's new Emergency Order 20-99 asks for a 4 week pause in various activities to help curb the community spread of COVID-19. The order takes effect at 11:59 p.m. Friday, November 20 and remains in effect through Friday, December 18.
For City facilities, it means the following items are open, closed or are modified as of the time the Order goes into effect:
- The Coon Rapids Ice is closed to the public. This means no classes, events, room rentals or other activities. Staff are available for questions. Call 763-951-7222.
- The Coon Rapids Civic Center is closed to all activities and is not available for public rental through December 18. Staff are available. Call 763-767-6522.
- The Coon Rapids Senior Center is closed to all activities through the rest of 2020. Foot care is available by appointment only. The Drive-Thru VFW dinner will continue. Call 763-767-6473 with questions.
- Kendall's Tavern & Chophouse is closing to indoor and outdoor dining as of 11:59 p.m. Friday, November 20. Curbside takeout is available. Call 763-755-1234.
- All Coon Rapids parks remain open. Social distancing should be observed and the Governor's Order states families should participate in activities only with members of the same household.
- Bunker Hills Golf Club remains open for outdoor golf as long as the weather is good. The course will close once there is snow. Indoor simulators will close down and the clubhouse is closed. The golf shop retail location remains open.
- Government meetings are allowed to continue in person, however, all Advisory Commission meetings will occur virtually. Please refer to the City Calendar for the most current information.
- City Hall remains open to the public from 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday - Friday. Many City services are also available online. See the list below.
- The Recycling Center remains open on a modified schedule. Please visit the Recycling webpage for more information.
For more updated information about changes related to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the Coronavirus Update Page of the City website.
Online City Services Available
Several City services are available online through the City of Coon Rapids website including:
Request police reports
City Code information
Pay your utility bill
Report issues (street lights out, pot holes, other maintenance concerns)
Job listings and applications