The weather over the next 24-48 hours will be challenging and we ask for your patience and cooperation on our streets. Snowplows are out across the city working to clear snow today, Wednesday, Dec. 21. They will continue to do so throughout the day during the snowfall. The initial focus is on main roads and arterial roads at this time.
A full plow of the city (all streets, curb-to-curb) will start on Thursday, Dec. 22 at 3 a.m. A full plow will take several hours to complete. Please help by keeping vehicles out of the streets until the plows have gone by and cleared streets curb-to-curb.
Additional plowing operations will continue into Friday, Dec. 23. Crews will do another pass through main roads and neighborhoods to do re-scraping and as much additional clean up as possible. Sidewalks will be addressed as soon as possible after the full plow is complete. The goal is to clear sidewalks within 48 hours of the full plow.
Stay safe, drive slow, and please keep parked cars, garbage bins and other items out of the streets!
Full Plow to Begin at 3 a.m.
- A full plow includes all city-maintained main streets, residential streets and cul-de-sac areas.
- City-maintained sidewalks will be plowed within 48 hours.
Winter Parking Rules
- No street parking between 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. each night.
- No street parking anytime of day or night when there is an accumulation of three inches of snow or more, until the street has been plowed from curb-to-curb.
- Parking can only resume after a snowplow has gone by and the street has been thoroughly cleaned from curb-to-curb.
- Winter parking restrictions are always in effect Nov. 1-April 1.
If a vehicle is blocking the path of a snowplow, the vehicle owner could receive a ticket or the car could be towed.
Garbage & Recycling Bins
- Please keep garbage and recycling carts out of the street, behind the curb.
- City Code requires streets remain free of obstructions so the plow can go by and clean thoroughly.
- Other obstructions must be out of the roadway as well, including basketball hoops, hockey nets and other items.